Get Adobe Flash player

Upon the passing if lifelong West Union members Alvin & Viola Johnson in 2006, estate proceeds were generously distributed to various charitable organizations including 40% to the Lutheran Community Foundation.  The LCF was instructed to invest the funds and submit an annual payment to West Union Lutheran Church.  Rigid guidelines insure that the proceeds are used in a benevolent manner to further the the mission of Gods work.

Responding to this gift, West Union established a Special Missions committee to direct the dispersion of these funds to causes chosen by and voted on annually at a special congregational meeting.  60% of the funds are placed in an interest bearing endowment, (currently the Mission Endowment Fund of the ELCA.)  The return on this investment is then annually added to the remaining 40% which is then distributed proportionately to local, national and global charitable causes as selected and voted on by the West Union congregation.

 

In 2015 these are the ministies we supported:

Youth & Family Ministry

Local food shelves

WU Chairs & Tables

St. Jude's Children's Hospital

Kids Against Hunger

American Cancer Society

Bijoy & Rozanne Manaen - Missionaries

Teen Challenge

Ronald McDonald Charities

 

Attachments:
Download this file (8-31-09 WU SPEC MIN Request Info.doc)8-31-09 WU SPEC MIN Request Info.doc[Special Ministry Requests 2009]55 Kb

Calendar


Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/49/11395349/html/modules/mod_jevents_cal/tmpl/default/calendar.php on line 135
October 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1 2 3 4